Who we are
And how we can help you
Northbridge Insurance is an established commercial insurance provider, working with a network of expert brokers to serve Canadian businesses across a wide range of sectors. Our industry expertise and over 100 years of insurance experience in Canada help us deliver an exceptional service to thousands of satisfied customers from coast to coast to coast.
More than just a policy
With Northbridge Insurance, you get more than just a policy. We offer a complete insurance solution that covers all of your business’ property and liability needs, plus some extras too. You’ll be covered for everything you need – even things you may not have considered, so you can enjoy added peace of mind.
- Property: Protection for your business property, including your building, any equipment you use for your business (including computers and electronics), fixtures and furnishings, and inventory or supplies.
- General liability: Covers injuries to customers, suppliers, employees or visitors to your property. It will also cover you if you or your staff are conducting business off-site and cause injury to a third party or their property.
- Business interruption: Reimburses you for any lost net profits and other expenses required to help you carry on with your business until you’re able to get it up and running again after an insured loss.
- Auto coverage for non-owned vehicles: Protection for when your business is sued for bodily injury or property damage caused by a vehicle you rent or borrow.
As a CFIB member, you get exclusive perks:
- Before you even insure with Northbridge Insurance: Simply request a quote , and you’ll receive access to one year of complimentary Legal Assist service – no strings attached. Legal Assist gives you unlimited telephone access to legal counsel for any legal questions you may have about your business operations, from product ideas to contract legalese.
- After you insure: You’ll receive our cyber risk coverage at no additional cost to help protect your business against cybercrime and other cyber threats. Cyber attackers are increasingly targeting small businesses, so it’s important to safeguard your operations against this modern-day risk.
Additionally, you’ll have twice as much coverage under our Legal Expense Insurance than we typically provide under our small business policy. This increased limit ensures you’re covered for any unexpected legal defense costs associated with running your business. You’ll also get continued access to telephone legal advice with Legal Assist.
Your Northbridge Insurance policy gives you access to complementary services and coverages to help you protect your business from a variety of issues:
- Legal Expense Insurance covers up to $100,000 of your legal costs associated with: legal defense, statutory license protection, employment disputes, tax protection, contract disputes, and debt recovery. We’ll also provide unlimited telephone access to general legal advice.
- Trauma Assist offers confidential counseling services, available 24/7, to help you and your employees cope with the traumatic effects of a loss. The service includes one-on-one counseling, as well as in-office group counseling.
- Risk Management Assist gives you access to our Risk Services specialists, who can answer questions and provide guidance on a variety of loss prevention topics to help you mitigate risks and potential losses.
- Cyber Assist provides expert consultation on proactive measures that can protect your business from cybercrime, as well as reactive assistance in the event of a privacy breach.
In addition to our standard coverages, we offer a wide range of add-on coverages to suit the specific needs of your profession.
- Commercial auto insurance: If your company owns vehicles that are driven by yourself or your staff as part of your day-to-day business, you’ll want to make sure you have the right kind of protection.
- Product liability: This coverage protects you if a product you manufacture or sell turns out to be defective or if there are inaccuracies in the assembly instructions or warnings.
- Professional liability: If a customer claims that you failed to deliver on what was outlined in a contract or that you mismanaged a project, professional liability insurance will cover legal costs and expenses. It would also apply to medical professionals being sued for malpractice.
- Coverage for contractors: We can protect your expensive tools, equipment and installation materials against loss or damage from causes like theft, fire and vandalism.
As a business owner, you don’t have a lot of time and you’re always looking to make your life a little easier – we built our insurance program with that in mind.
- Flexible Payment Options with 0% interest and the ability to pay for your small business policy all at once, monthly or in installments using a variety of payment methods, including credit card!
- No Penalties if you need to revise your coverage as the needs of your small business change. And if you need to cancel your policy, you only pay for the coverage up to the cancellation date.
- One Deductible allows for only the highest deductible to be applied in the case that multiple coverages apply in any one loss (not including auto, unless specifically endorsed).
- 24/7 Claims Service from industry experts who can help get you back to work quickly and make your settlement easy and stress-free when you need it most.
Request a quote
Terms, conditions and exclusions apply, see policy for details. The services described on this website are not insurance policies and not all policies are eligible. For more information on our services and for information on our insurers, please see Terms and Conditions.
Certain content used on this website are trademarks or tradenames of Northbridge Financial Corporation (or its affiliates) and are used under license by our insurers. For more information please see Trademark Information.